The current forecast for this week (24th-28th of January) is looking lovely.
The forecast for Thursday is for a top of 42 degrees in the city. The breakdown of this forecast is that the top will hit at around
If there are any concerns closer to the date and it is not safe then we will notify you immediately so please keep a close eye on your emails.
Do make sure you bring water, a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen. Water will be available to purchase and sunscreen will be available as well.
*please note that no refunds will be issued if you decide not to attend and the show goes ahead as planned
There is ample parking on site via the oval alongside The Monastery. If you enter via The Monastery driveway you will be greeted by staff and they will direct you on where to park. Please follow all instructions and do not hold them up as it is a busy road we need to keep clear and safe. If you do have requirements to drop off those with mobility concerns please advise the staff person and they will show you where you can drop the person off before parking your car.
As there is a risk with any outdoor show please be aware of our following fire safety precautions:
- In the case of an emergency please look for the fire wardens hats. I will be one fire warden (in the orchestra) and there will be someone from The Monastery as well. Please follow any and all instructions given.
- Please carpool wherever possible to minimise the number of cars at the event and, when parking, please follow all instructions from the ground staff
- We are in a well-irrigated area that has had sprinklers running so if you are advised to stay please do not attempt to leave.
- A radio will be monitored throughout all performances and should anything occur near the area the performance will be stopped until we are advised whether it is safe to continue or to evacuate
- PLEASE get your name marked off at the door before finding your seat. It is most important that we have a list of who is present and who is not
- This is not meant to worry anyone it is just a precaution and to make sure you are prepared in case of an emergency. If there are any concerns closer to the date or if the CFS advises it is not safe then we will notify you immediately so please keep a close eye on your emails.
To make everything run as smoothly as possible at the event I would like to share with you the following:
- The Monastery will be open 40 minutes before the show for you to enjoy the Sacred Garden walk and to purchase food and drinks. Please do not arrive any earlier as we need the time to set up!
- Chairs are provided and are moveable. Please do not worry that you will not be seated together or that you may not have the best spot as we can very easily move chairs around. I have staff available to assist you
- Please bring cash to spend on the day as EFTPOS is limited
- I recommend carpooling if possible
- NO liquor is to be brought onto the premises.
- You may bring your own food and picnic rug
- Please note the bin set-up on the day. As a tourism business (and with my personal beliefs) I work towards being as sustainable as possible. All cups, bottles and cans from the bar can be recycled and will go into the bins with recycling written on them and any foodstuffs will go into the bags with the black bags. Please do not mix the two as it gets messy!
- The Monastery are running food and drinks at the event
- Bring a torch to assist in getting back to your car as the light does disappear quickly once the sunsets.
- For the enjoyment of everyone please do not use any electronic devices during the show. You may take photos before the show, during intermission and at the end of the show – the cast will come out to have photos with you! If you share them online please tag me or use #emmaknightsproductions
- There is no need to print your ticket as there will be a door list for each performance. Please make sure you are marked off before finding a seat.
- You are most welcome to move your chairs into shaded areas. All I ask is that you do it at an appropriate time (most notably before the show or at intermission) and do consider others when doing so! Also, you may be asked to move your chair back near the end for cast access
- There is an area where children can run around. Please make sure they are monitored at all times.
- For safety reasons, this is a non-smoking event
- Please feel free to dress up!
The weather does look like it will be wonderful for all performance times and I think you will fall in love with the show in this setting. I am so very pleased with how it looks and sounds and I cannot wait for you all to see it! If you do have any questions for me you can call me on 0402 431 315 or email. I will be at each performance to make sure you are all as happy as possible! If you have lost your tickets do not worry – your name will be on the door.
I am looking forward to seeing you all!